Living Members of
The Ruling House of Luxemburg, 1939-1945
Head of House
Charlotte, Grand Duchess of Luxemburg (1896- ). Succeeded as Grand Duchess on the abdication of her sister, Grand Duchess Marie Adelheid, in 1919.
Spouse: Felix, Prince of Bourbon-Parma, Prince Consort of Luxemburg (1893- )
Maria Ana, Dowager Grand Duchess of Luxemburg, née Infanta of Portugal (1861-1942). Died in New York on July 31, 1942.
Daughters of Grand Duke Wilhelm of Luxemburg (1852-1912)
Hilda, The Princess of Schwarzenberg (1897- )
Antonia, Crown Princess of Bavaria (1899- )
Elisabeth, Princess Ludwig Philipp of Thurn und Taxis (1901- )
Sophie, Princess Ernst Heinrich of Saxony (1902-1941). Died on May 24, 1941, in Munich.
Sister of Father
Daughter of Grand Duke Adolf of Luxemburg (1817-1905)
Hilda, Dowager Grand Duchess of Baden (1864- )
Half-Brother of Grandfather
Son of Wilhelm, Duke of Nassau-Weilburg (1792-1839)
Nikolaus, Prince of Nassau-Weilburg (1832-1905)
Issue of his unequal marriage: 3 children, including
- Alexandrine, Donna Maximo de Elia (1869- )
- Georg, Count von Merenberg (1871- )
2nd Wife: Ada, née Brambeer ( -1942). Died at Zürich, Switzerland, on May 12, 1942.
Issue of his first marriage: 3 children, including
- Georg, Count von Merenberg (1897- ). Divorced from his first wife in 1928 and remarried at Schroda on July 27, 1940.
2nd Wife: Elisabeth Anne, née Müller Uri (1903- )
Issue of his second marriage:
- Clothilde Elisabeth, Countess von Merenberg, born at Wiesbaden on May 14, 1941.
- Olga, Countess Mikhail Tarielovich Loris-Melikova (1898- )
Click here to go to the main page.
Last updated on 02/14/04 .