Living Members of
The Former Ruling House of Bulgaria (Battenberg), 1939-1945
Alexander, Count von Hartenau, né Prince of Battenberg (1857-1893). Elected Prince of Bulgaria in 1879 and abdicated in 1886. Took the title Count von Hartenau upon his unequal marriage in 1889.
Wife: Johanna, née Loisinger (1865- )
|Issue: 2 children, including|
Sons of Prince Alexander of Hesse and the Rhine (1823-1888) by his morganatic marriage
Louis Mountbatten, Marquess of Milford Haven, né Prince of Battenberg (1854-1921). Created Marquess of Milford Haven and took the name Mountbatten in 1917.
Wife: Victoria, née Princess of Hesse and the Rhine (1863- )
- Alice, Princess Andreas of Greece and Denmark (1885- )
- Louise, Crown Princess of Sweden (1889- )
- George Mountbatten, Marquess of Milford Haven (1892-1938)
Wife: Nadajda Mikhailovna, née Countess de Torby (1896- )
- Tatiana, Lady Mountbatten (1917- )
- David Mountbatten, Marquess of Milford Haven (1919- )
- Louis, Lord Mountbatten (1900- )
Wife: Edwina, née Ashley (1901- )
- Patricia, Lady Mountbatten (1924- )
- Pamela, Lady Mountbatten (1929- )
Henry Maurice, Prince of Battenberg (1858-1896)
Wife: Beatrice, née Princess of Great Britain and Ireland (1857-1944). She died on October 26, 1944, at Balcombe, Brantridge Park, England.
Issue: 4 children, including
- Alexander Mountbatten, Marquess of Carisbrooke, né Prince of Battenberg (1886- ). Created Marquess of Carisbrooke and took the name Mountbatten in 1917.
Wife: Irene, née Lady Denison (1890- )
- Iris, Mrs Hamilton Keyes O'Malley (1920- ). Married on February 15, 1941, at Haywards Heath, Sussex.
- Victoria Eugenie, Queen of Spain (1887- )
Franz Joseph, Prince of Battenberg (1861-1924)
Wife: Anna, née Princess Petrovich-Niegosh of Montenegro (1874- )
Click here to go to the main page.
Last updated on 12/05/03.